Body Sugaring hair removal can lead to permanency. Because sugaring lubricates the follicle and pulls the hair in the direction of growth, the hair comes out complete, with root and sheath. When the hair is pulled out regularly, in the early Anagen stage, over time the blood supply decreases and the hair becomes fine or does not regrow at all.
Regular sugaring treatments, every 2-3 weeks, are required if you wish to achieve a permanent reduction. Make sure you don’t shave or use depilatory creams in between sugaring treatments.
Everybody can benefit from sugaring, however some of us will appreciate it even more.
- Body sugaring is so gentle that not only you can sugar on top of eczema or psoriasis, but it actually helps to alleviate and even reduce the condition. With sugaring, besides removing the hairs, you are gently exfoliating the skin, removing dead cells and dirt from the mouth of the follicles. When you remove the accumulation of dead cells your pores unclog and the skin can breathe better. Sugar also has healing properties and when you are spreading the paste some of it sips inside the cells helping recovery.
- Unlike Waxing, Sugaring hair removal can also be done over varicose veins and sensitive skin.
- Because it is 100% natural and Eco-friendly (made of sugar, lemon and water) it is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction
- Body Sugaring is also ideal for people with a tendency to ingrown hairs. Most ingrown hairs happen because of clogged pores and hair breakage. Sugaring removes the hair from the root and in the direction of growth while at the same time exfoliating the skin, hence you get less breakage and less ingrowns.
- Waxes contain chemicals that can be harmful because some molecules are able to break through the skin barrier and penetrate deep into the cells. The sugar paste, on the other hand, is natural and has healing properties. Since antiquity, sugar has been used on wounds to promote healing and prevent infection.
- Because the sugar paste is used at body temperature, there is less danger of burns and unnecessary damage to the skin.
- People suffering from Polycystic Ovary disease or Hirsutism are able to be free of hair for longer with a treatment that won’t cause an overreaction of their immune system.
- For stubborn hair, if needed, the sugar paste can be used multiple times on the same area without lifting the skin or causing undue irritation.
- People with red, white or very light colored hair, for which Laser and IPL hair removal doesn’t work, find in sugaring the best alternative for epilation.
- Sugaring is specially good for removing facial hair. It is gentle, keeping skin irritation to a minimum, and does not cause breakage leaving the skin smooth for longer. It can also remove hair as short as 1.5mm, this is specially convenient if your facial hair is very obvious.
Sugaring can lead to permanent hair reduction by following a simple routine.
If you are sugaring for the first time, your hair will regrow at different times because of the hair-cycle, however if you continue sugaring regularly every 2-3 weeks your hair will start growing all at the same time, extending the hair free period and weakening the hair follicles.
Sugaring can be made easier with regular exfoliation and hydration of the skin. Between treatments make sure you exfoliate the skin 2-3 times a week with a loofah or exfoliating mitten. Apply a moisturizer daily. It is best to use a water based lotion rather than an oil one. Drinking lots of water can also help with the skin’s hydration.
Keeping your skin exfoliated and hydrated will prevent ingrown hairs. Ingrowns happen when dead cells build up in the mouth of the follicle. New hair may not be strong enough to break through this barrier being forced to grow back into the follicle or just under the skin’s surface. Ingrown hairs cause bumpy follicles and infections. Regular sugaring will also help remove ingrown hair by lifting up dead cells and dirt, thus clearing up the mouth of the follicle.
Also, if your skin is hydrated and in good condition it will make the removing of the hair with sugaring much easier.
Welcome to the Sugaring Hub. My aim is to make this site the best reference guide and online training school for anyone wanting to do sugaring on themselves and/or others.
In the coming months I will be posting sugaring training videos for the different parts of the body. I will also post any related information that may help you become a better sugarist.